- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 6 T melted unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup Bascom Family Farms 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 T dark rum
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup shelled, raw pecan halves
- 1 – 9″ partially pre-baked pie crust
Preheat oven to 425° F. Beat one egg with 1 T water in small bowl; set aside. Combine brown sugar and 3 eggs in mixing bowl and mix well. Add syrup, rum, vanilla, lemon juice, salt and butter. Pour filling in crust and arrange pecans on top. Using a pastry brush, brush egg wash on crust. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
Let stand for five minutes before serving.