- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Bascom Family Farms 100% pure maple sugar
- 1 cup packed mint leaves plus 1 mint sprig
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon light rum
- 2 tablespoons chilled club soda
In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar and stir over moderate heat just until the sugar is dissolved. Reserve 15 of the mint leaves. Add the remaining mint leaves to the syrup and let steep until cool, then strain and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
In a cocktail shaker, muddle the 15 reserved mint leaves with the lime juice and 1 tablespoon of the mint syrup. Add ice and the rum and shake well. Fill a highball glass with ice. Pour the drink into the glass. Garnish the drink with the mint sprig.